Sunday, December 13, 2009

1964 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk - SF Gate

Great new article on SF Gate about a 1964 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk, GT Hawk.

"The previous owner was the original owner. He was losing his eyesight, and his daughter was anxious to see this rare Studebaker with 130,000 miles on the odometer find a welcoming home. So I carefully drove it home to Oakland and parked it in my driveway. It sat for months under a car cover, and the restoration of the car proceeded slowly.

Since the engine runs hot and burns oil, I drive the car sparingly. My last "long" trip was to Half Moon Bay, where it navigated Highway 1 over Devil's Slide. Before that, I drove it to a Studebaker club meeting in Turlock held in conjunction with the annual auto parts swap meet. Everywhere I go in the East Bay, pedestrians and motorists stare at the car."

Read more from this article at SFGate.com.

No comments: