Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jay Leno's Garage - 1950 Studebaker Champion

It’s a documented fact that I have an unhealthy obsession with our Studebaker. And aside from the joy that the car has brought my Dad and me, "Doc" has introduced me to a bunch of really fine people. It’s been great fun to connect with, trade information with, and help out (and be helped by) other Studebaker owners.

I was really pleased to see this post about “Doc” on Jay Leno’s website. Thanks to “Daymo Johnnie” for the post.

"There was a time when I thought not too much of cars like this but now, in the gray and saggy years, they look pretty good and take me back to what my dad used to put me into to go places in. I like to see good restorations and appropriate custom hot rods done from them and this restoration looks first class and gets a really deep nod. My dad has moved on but while yours is still here, get into that beauty, cruise out for a brew or burger and keep on being buddies through the car and in other ways. Thanks for the look-see at your gem and we’ll see you down at Clancy’s."

See our page on Jay Leno's website.

No comments: